Article 193 of the new health law aims to open access to health data, while strengthening security requirements. In this context, ATIH (technical agency for information on hospitalization) chose CASD to make hospital data securely available to users.
Since March 2016, ATIH has relied on CASD’s experience to ensure protection of this sensitive data and its accessibility.
CASD, which began in 2009, supplies secure access to data for researchers, consultants, etc. in a variety of areas (economics, sociology, health, agronomy…) throughout France and Europe. According to the frequent customer surveys which CASD carries out, a large majority of users love the ergonomics, flexibility, and quality of service offered.
Working on health data (PMSI) through CASD
Every database request must first be approved by the CNIL. Please go to the ATIH website for more information.
Follow these steps:
1. Generate a quotation proposal with CASD’s online simulator then send it to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can adjust it to your needs before producing a official quotation (see below “Generate a quotation proposal”).
2. Validate and sign the final quotation sent by CASD.
3. Retrieve and complete the ATIH database request. The reference of the quotation CASD sent you and its amount is to be written in the corresponding section on this document. Then send the completed form, along with your CNIL authorization, to ATIH for validation.
4. Contract with CASD so your company can finance your access through CASD and host one or more SD-Boxes. A CASD service contract and a Hosting order will be sent to you. They must be signed by a legal representative of the company.
5. Participate in orientation (“enrolment session”) during which a biometric card will be given to you after you have signed the user contracts. Please follow this link to register for an enrolment session.
6. Access data through the SD-Box once steps 4 and 5 have been validated
Generate a quotation proposal
Billing your access to health data through CASD is not connected to the access rights granted and also billed by ATIH.
CASD bills the costs for accessing health data (see example below).
So as to accompany you in the best possible way in establishing a service offer adapted to your needs, we have our online simulator at your disposal.
In order to answer your needs ASAP, please follow these steps:
1. First the simulator will produce a quotation based on information you provide. This proposal is not an official offer and, as such, is not legally binding.
2. As soon as you have a simulated quotation that best reflects your needs, email email@example.com, indicating the reference of this simulated document, or attach it to your email.
3. CASD will contact you with a confirmation or a request for more information. Once the final document, resulting from your exchanges with CASD, is signed by a legal representative, it will count as a purchase order.
|EXAMPLE (for informational purposes only): A project carried out by a four-person team for 6 months, requiring an SD-Box and a VM1 Configuration (2 cores, 16 GB RAM & 500 GB disk space) would amount to 2 454.00 EUR, meaning 613.50 EUR per user to access health data over that period of time.
Below is the breakdown from the Price List
* Base offer : R, RStudio, Stata, Latex, OpenOffice, Microsoft Office (user license included), SAS (requires an existing user license with proof)
Additional options are also available, according to the needs expressed by users. See Price List.
Along with these fixed costs, CASD can bill additional man-months when initial server configurations need adjusting (this includes additional software to ensure feasibility). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.